Frequently Asked Questions
01. At what time and where do I meet you ?
A confirmation voucher will be sent to you by email with your meeting time and other important information related to your excursion.
02. What happens if my ship is unable to dock in Port?
You will be fully refunded your 25% deposit.
03. What happens if I’m late in disembarking the Ship?
You may inform one of the J.T.B. dispatchers at the Pier that you are doing an excursion with Jamaica Cruise Adventures and they will contact your driver at the holding area to start your tour. Please have your confirmation voucher with you and present it to your tour operator.
04. What payment methods do you accept?
We presently accept only Visa and Master card. We never see your credit card information when you book online and the information entered is not stored or kept by us in any way.
05. When does the tour begin?
All tours for Cruise Ship passengers begin when you are picked up. It is important that you arrive at the meeting point A.S.A.P. as this will allow you to have more time for your excursion. The pick up times for guest’s staying at resorts will be on your excursion voucher. If for any reason you would like a different pick up time, please have this stated in the section that says comments on the reservation form.
06. Can I arrange excursions when I arrive at the Cruise Ship Pier?
No. All reservations for excursions must be made 48 hours in advance. A 25% deposit must be made to confirm your excursion at which point you will be sent a confirmation voucher be email.
06. Is lunch included in your excursion package?
No. Lunch is not included in our excursions.
07. How are we transported?
Our passengers are transported by a fully air conditioned J.T.B.(Jamaica Tourist Board) approved Car, Van or Bus depending on the size of the group, all our drivers/tour guides are also approved by the J.T.B.
08. Can my group and I all fit in one bus and stay together?
Yes. Please contact us
to make special arrangements for large groups who would like to travel together. We have 22 seater buses and coaches that seat up to 56 passengers.
09. Why are your excursions prices so much lower than those on our cruise lines?
We are a small company with less overhead and work directly with the tour operators.
10. When and who do I pay and is full payment required?
A 25% deposit is required to reserve your space on an excursion and the balance is required at the time of your excursions, which should be paid directly to your driver/ tour guide.
11. Do you have a cancellation and refund policy?
Tours In Ocho Rios will honour cancellations given three(3) days prior to your reservation. These must be submitted in writing by replying to the e-mail confirmation sent to purchaser(s) e-mail address. Any cancellations caused by “illness” at the time of Excursion will require a medical certificate from your Ship’s Doctor and can be presented at the time of excursion by group member(s) or faxed to our office in which case you will not be charged full excursion charges.
Deposits are kept on credit up to one year and may be used for a future reservation.
Deposits are refundable under the following conditions:
- Cruise Ship cannot come into the Ports of Ocho Rios, Falmouth or Montego Bay due to inclement weather
- The operator cancels the Excursion or if the Excursion cannot take place due to inclement weather.
12. Can I book when I arrive in Jamaica?
No, it is best to reserve your excursion before you arrive, this way we can guarantee your space on the excursion as well as make all the necessary arrangements with the tour suppliers before you arrive.
13. Can I pay with a Credit Card excursion time?
No, in most cases the driver will need the cash during your excursion to pay your entrance fees at the attractions, so it’s best to bring the balance in cash.